Friday, September 21, 2012

The problem with working til midnight

Every night as my shift draws to an end I get really tired and think, "oh man, I can't wait until I can crawl in to bed." Then I get home, I am exhausted in the driveway and for some reason that walk from the driveway to the front door is like shotgunning three Red Bulls, and taking speed. Every night it is the same thing. Then I stay up until 3ish, most nights later than that. It sucks. I would like a normal sleep schedule. Just for a little bit. It is no fun being an insomniac.

Tonight at work sucked. I got hit on by a business man who wanted to go out for coffee, well besides the ridiculous cliche that actually made me feel pretty good. Anyways, we had people trapped in the elevator, had to have the repair guy come in, and some other forces were just not reachable, and they were mean to me. What jerks. On top of all that I was just in a bad mood. I made Alan mad at me. I'm pretty sure I indirectly insulted Melissa. Melissa, if you are reading this I didn't mean to underplay our relationship, I just assumed you knew I wouldn't let anything come between us. And I totally made an ass out of myself with Dave. Great, I'm freaking awesome.

I think I am just in a rut, and that sucks. On the upside, I may get a shift change, so everyone keep your fingers crossed for me! I could get a social life back, and maybe even see my husband a bit which would be nice.

Please don't take this as a complaint about my job. I am very thankful that I work for the company I work for and I would take any shift given to me. I'm just being an old negative Nancy tonight. I think the lack of sleep last night is getting to me. And here it is again, 2:34 AM and I am looking for something to do when I should be looking at the back of my eyelids.

No comments:

Post a Comment