Monday, September 10, 2012

Rage-o-saurus Rex!

Oh the frustration I have. I feel as though my soul has been shoved into a bucket of ice water and forced to just adapt! WHY? WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME? I never imagined having hope ripped from me like this!

What am I talking about? J.K. Rowling. Yes, THE J.K. Rowling has ONE appearance in the U.S. for her new book, and I was going to get tickets! I set up my computer had the website bookmarked for easy accessibility, and when midnight hit, I was going to pounce on it and get my tickets.

But, alas, earwax. The tickets were released earlier than expected and have already sold out. I am beyond disappointed. I really thought this was going to be my shot to see her. See her in all of her fantastic British glory.

I suppose I will just have to deal with it. Forget my pipe dream of meeting my idol, meeting the person who gave me an outlet as a child. An outlet from the horrors of middle school tormenting and bullying. The woman who made my imagination run on hyper drive.

J.K. Rowling created something so magical, something beyond an imaginary wizarding school. I think people get lost on that fact. J.K. didn't just write of magic, she created it. She created something so real and enticing that I still get lost in that world, years later. Her books became my friends and my salvation, and now, I will never get the chance to tell her that.

No comments:

Post a Comment