Saturday, September 8, 2012

It's Raining, It's pouring

I wish I was the one snoring.

I just looked out to the tracks to see what was going on, and boy, is it coming down hard. I love rain in the summer time. I love the smell of it and how it cools everything down. I am also glad to see the rain because we need it.

There is something soul cleansing about the rain. Every time it pours I feel refreshed in an unexplainable way. The rain is almost like confession. I guess because I don't put a lot of emphasis on religion in my life, but I do have a lot of faith I feel like the rain is God's way of forgiving us. I know that may seem really lame, but after a good rain, I just feel at peace. I don't think it is merely a coincidence.

Even now, as I look out and see the rain slowing, I feel a little more refreshed than when I walked in to work today. I am not as stressed out. Which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment