Friday, September 14, 2012

Friend Friday: Melissa

Friends can pop up in the most unexpected places. This is how I met Melissa. We bought a house in October of 2009. Shortly after the that the house next door was sold and in moved someone who would quickly become an amazing friend.

It was love at first speak. Melissa and I instantly connected on a Harry Potter obsession level. Since then it has been interesting to see how truly alike we are. At one point we started a list of all of the things that were the same with us because it was getting super eerie. We can laugh and joke around about ridiculous things, and spend hours creating pickup lines that would make J.K. Rowling blush, and it is fantastic.

The most fantastic thing about Melissa is, she is completely judgement free. She will listen and respect and understand where you are coming from no matter what. She is another person who has sacrificed so much for the ones that she loves, even if it screws her over. She is incredibly strong willed and incredibly dedicated.

I feel so blessed that I get to have Melissa in my life. I think that is was true destiny when she moved in next door. It was really surprising how quickly she became my one of my best friends. She has that affect on you though. You just always want her around. Always want her to be there to share experiences with. She is such a phenomenal  person and I would be so lost without her. She can make me feel better about any situation, and when things are crazy in my head she just listens. I can say things with out having to explain what I really mean, which is nice. It is nice to have someone who understands me so well.

I love that we can sit outside on my porch and just talk. She is such a refreshing person to be around. I feel so honored that I am able to call her my friend. Even though we haven't known each other that long, I feel like we have an unbreakable bond.


No comments:

Post a Comment