Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bernie

I lost one of  my favorite fish today. I know it is probably hard for most people to have a connection with a fish, but I loved Bernie very much. Bernie was a ghost knife fish, and he was blind. He used to swim around the tank feeding on the algae and resting on the pretend seaweed. He made me very happy. Something about him just made me smile! I loved seeing him swim backwards and forwards like he didn't have a care in the world.

I thought Bernie was getting sick yesterday, he was acting differently. He wasn't swimming around as much, and he certainly wasn't hanging out on his typical seaweed. Today the other fish started picking on him and he couldn't fight back. We decided to do the humane thing and not make him fight for his life and just let him go peacefully.

I will miss Bernie very much, our fishtank won't be the same without him, but I know we did the right thing by not making him struggle and fight for his last few hours. Goodbye, Bernie, you were a fantastic fish. I will miss you and I will always love you for making me smile when I was sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment