Sunday, September 16, 2012

Never underestimate the power of a simple envelope

Tonight after work, I was feeling pretty glum after seeing yet another stark white test and an empty circle where a smiley face belongs. I looked on my bedside table and there was a letter addressed to me. I knew immediately who it was from. Not just from the obvious return label, but after my name the name Chara was written in quotes.

For those of you who don't know, I am obsessed with Zdeno Chara the Captain of the Boston Bruins. I love everything about him! I have a very dear friend who calls me Chara. I met her down in Wilmington when I went there for training for my job. Her name is Stephanie, and she is a truly remarkable person! I love her dearly!

Anyways, back to my spectacular envelope. I was sitting in bed feeling sorry for myself when I remembered this special envelope! Inside this fantastic envelope was a series of Bruins trading cards from 1979! It really just brightened my day right up.

So, Stephanie, if you are reading this thank you so very much! You brightened my day, just as you have brightened my life! I am so very glad to have met you in Smellaware, and glad we remain friends now. You are never getting rid of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment