Thursday, September 6, 2012

HSG

What does this stand for? hysterosalpingogram.

What should it stand for? Hello strange guys!

Well let's see you won't allow my husband in for the procedure, but you allow two med students (males, go figure, going into gynecology), three nurses two women, one male, and an x-ray technician. Also male. 

Cool, this wasn't already uncomfortable. So basically what happens when you go for this procedure (without all of the horrific details) is they check if your fallopian tubes are clear from all blockages so your egg can travel safely down the tube. Well, they also can see your whole uterus. 

Let me tell you something. When you are running off of two hours of sleep because trains got in late the night before and some crazy guy who you don't know (Okay, so he isn't just some random guy he is a doctor) says, "Oh well that's not normal" and describes an abnormal growth the size of a slug on the top of your uterus you may get a little emotional. You may walk back to the room where your unknowing husband is and crack a few jokes and laugh because if you stop smiling you will just break down and cry. It isn't his fault that he doesn't know. 

You may walk with him to the bathroom and while he uses the rest room you watch a pregnant woman walk by and force yourself to stop those tears from falling because you are in public, and you can't cry in public. It isn't her fault she can procreate. When he is finished you may plaster on a huge grin and listen to him talk about God knows what while telling yourself over and over not to cry. Crying makes you weak, don't do it. You may even wipe tears away quickly while pretending to look to see if there are any cars coming. 

You may be strong enough to get in the car and get home, but probably not. 

I made it to the car, and I lost it. I couldn't even speak. Let me tell you something, you are a very blessed person if you are lucky enough to marry a man as strong as Alan. He is so amazing that I can't even find words for him. He has been my rock through this entire process. When I was finally able to choke out the words that the doctor had told me, he calmed me down enough to make it home. He bought me donuts. We slept for a few hours, and I went to work.

 That is pretty much what I was left with for two weeks until I went in for a biopsy on my endometrial lining. Talk about painful. Two weeks later after I thought I was dying because of abnormal bleeding I found out that I am cancer free, and we can proceed with treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment