Friday, September 7, 2012

Friend Friday

Today we are going to talk about friends. I think friends are one of the most amazing things ever. I call Fridays at work Friend Friday because there are three of us that work really well together, and we talk about a lot of things. It is a nice change of pace here on Fridays. Anyways, work has inspired me to talk about one friend a week. Today we are going to talk about David.

Dave has been one of my best friends for quite some time now. He is one of my most favorite people in the world. He can make me laugh and smile so easily, and we can talk about anything with out it being weird. Dave has had some really rough patches in his life since I have known him. He has kept his head up and continued to push forward and persevered through everything.

There is a Bouncing Souls song with lyrics that say:

I wish that you could see the you that I see.
Not some bullshit glamour fantasy.
Put down those magazines and see...
see a real beauty.

I wish that you could see the glory that I see.
Shining like the winter sun.
I wish that you could see...
see the true glory.

Wish there was something I could do
to make you see.
Wish there was something I could say...
but you won't hear me.
I guess there's some things that I can't explain.
Some things that I could never change.

I read your thoughts in your eyes
when you look at me.
I see the real you when you smile.
I see the real beauty.
I see the real beauty.

This sums up how I feel about Dave. He is such a fantastic person, but he has been beaten down so much my others that he just doesn't see how amazing he really is. He is one of the best friends a girl could ask for. We can talk for literally hours and  never run out of things to talk about. Or maybe I can just never run out of things, but he is a trooper and always listens. He sees the world in such a unique way. I have learned so many things from him.

I just wish he could see how awesome he really is. I get so upset when I hear or see someone treating him unfairly or being rude or mean to him. He is one of my heroes and I would do anything for him. Just like I know he would do anything for me. I love his perspective, and I love his dreams and I want him to fulfill every single one of them. I want him to find a love that he believes in and that builds him up, not tear him down. I want him to find someone that completely changes how he sees himself, because if he could see the him that I see, he would be overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment