Saturday, September 8, 2012

People Watching

I love to watch people. I always have. I am so curious about their lives, who they are, what their stories are. That is probably the best part of my job. Getting to see the frantic people come in to get on their trains and go off and live their lives.

I like to make up stories in my head about their lives what they are going through. I know I am usually very off base, but it is fun to pretend. Like when you are younger and you play with your little people or your Barbie dolls, only this is real life.

Although, sometimes it makes me sad that these people aren't living the lives that I create for them. I am sure each of them have different struggles in their lives. I wish that I could take their struggles away from them. All I can offer is a friendly smile and some casual conversation. I am always wishing I could do more for humanity in general. There are some people who just really suck. They are cruel and mean spirited, and it seems like they always have the least amount of stress and struggles.

Obviously, I can't know what people are going through, but it always seems like the best people I know have to deal with the worst situations. I know life isn't supposed to hand you anything you can't make it through, but I don't know why life has to test you so much in the first place. I am not so foolish to believe that life is fair, but I am not so sure why it is so unfair.

I guess that is why people always want to find the meaning of life, or want to prove the existence of their God, to see if all of these struggles are worth while. I truly believe that there is more good than evil in this world. There is proof of that all around me constantly. My friends, family, and sometimes, even random strangers. I don't know why people are giving up on others. If I ever start to doubt that people are more good than bad, that will be a very sad day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment