Friday, September 21, 2012

Friend Friday: Sisters

Today, I would like to talk about my beautiful, amazing, strong sisters. It is true what they say about growing up with sisters means you always have a  friend. I know my sisters will always have my back no matter what, and I will always have theirs. Even if they do tease me all of the time, it comes from a loving place.

Jenny is my oldest sister, and we have been through a lot together. We did a lot of Youth Ministry together and went on several retreats. Jen is like another mum. I just always want to see her happy. She is an incredible woman and she deserves the best. Jen gives everything of herself to everyone. She is always an ear to talk to and is judgement free. She isn't afraid to be herself, and she accepts people for who they are. She is just an all around good, genuine person. Jenny is everything you think of when you picture your ideal oldest sister. And she is all mine and I only have to share her with two other people!

Cheryl is next in line, and she is extremely unique and marches to her own beat. She is incredibly talented and creative. I can talk to her about anything. We have had our fair share of arguments, and cat fights, but we have also had some amazing memories. Even if one of those memories involves a bloody nose so bad that my parents considered taking me to the hospital. Cheryl doesn't care how she is perceived and I love her for it. Cheryl would fight for you first and ask questions later. She has a lot of pride in who she is and where she comes from and rightfully so. Cheryl always hated being a middle child, but I wouldn't want to be stuck in the middle with anyone else.

Then is silly old me.

Last but not least is Danielle. Danielle is original and silly and wise beyond her years. Probably because she has such fantastic role models. Danielle is such a strong willed person and she always does what she feels is right. She has a fantastic sense of humor, and an  enticing personality. You want to be around her because she makes you feel good, and young, and like you can just pick up and drive to Tennessee for a road trip. She is so goofy in all of the right ways, and she can be so serious when she needs to be. She hasn't allowed herself to be tainted by this cruel world we live in. She is always encouraging, and always the perfect little sister.

I credit all of them being so fabulous to my fabulous parents, who I will write more about at another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment