Monday, October 1, 2012

October

Today marks the beginning of my favorite month of the whole year! I don't care what the professionals say, October 1st is the first day of fall, and today is the perfect fall day. It is clear outside with a few puffy clouds, and a the trees are all changing their colors. There is a little chill in the air, but just a bit, and the air is clean. Today is perfect.

I get to start my Nightmare Before Christmas months, too! I only get to watch it from October to December, because otherwise I would watch it every single day. I would normally wake up and watch it first thing in the morning, but this year I have been requested to wait a day, and have a special movie night tomorrow. I am really excited about it! Usually, I just watch it by myself, but maybe this could be a new tradition! Like the Polar Express tradition.

I love creating new traditions that you can hold on to for life. It creates special memories that you can cherish forever. I think traditions with friends are the most important. It keeps you bonded through time, when life gets busy and in the way of your friendship. Nothing can ever stay the same, but with tradition, you can get those old moments back. You can look back fondly of the times you spent together and forget about the stuff in between. Friends are a different kind of family, the one you choose. (Not that I would not chose my own family, but you get what I am saying.) The ones you decide get to have a place in your heart. The ones who aren't obligated to stay there when times get tough, but they do anyways.


No comments:

Post a Comment