Friday, October 5, 2012

Friend Friday: Meghan

I know that I skipped friend Friday last week. I was just not able to get on to post. So I may do two posts tonight. We will see where the night takes me. I also have to finish three chapters on my book tonight or else I will be disappointed in myself.

Anyways, tonight I want to talk about a friend who is pretty far away, but still very close to me. We have been friends since the second grade and have had some very rough patches in our relationship, but through it all we always come back to each other.

Meghan is one of the strongest women I know. She has been through quite a lot in her lifetime and has overcome so much. She is truly so strong. Meghan and I used to do the most ridiculous things when we were younger and pretend they were totally awesome. I owe my love of anything hockey to her. I used to love going to watch her play!

We went to elementary school, middle school, and high school together. I have so many fond memories of that time. We used to walk down to the dollar store and get ridiculous grape drinks that tasted like Dimetapp and pretend we were drunk after. We would cast pretend spells and mix crazy concoctions in my bathroom. We were ridiculous. As time went on we grew up from grape drinks, and drank Gatorade and vodka instead. As we grew up we may have grown apart a bit, but always held on to those special memories we had.

I don't know what it is about Meghan, but we are truly bonded for life. No matter what crazy things happen between us, we put all of the bullshit aside and when we need each other, we are always there. She has been there for me at some very low points in my life, and she knows who I am to my core. Meghan has been through so much, yet still prevails. I wish her every happiness under the sun, moon, and stars. She is truly deserving of wonderful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment