Sunday, October 7, 2012

True Colors

Sometimes in life you stumble upon someone incredible. Often times they can't see themselves for what they are, but this person brought me to tears today. Why? Because they did something so incredible, because of this person I am able to have a once in a lifetime opportunity. I am getting to go to New York to see J.K. Rowling. Tickets that were near impossible to get, and this person managed to. I don't even know how to properly express my gratitude.

Not only is this amazing in and of itself, but this news came on a good day. A day where I was feeling pretty low. I got another negative on a pregnancy test, and I am pretty sure that I am doneski for this cycle. Blah, blah, blah don't count yourself out blah, blah. I am counting myself out because I can't handle this hope. It was dumb for me to even think it would happen first time. I am oddly alright with it. Well, not alright, but at least at peace for this moment. Next cycle, I get to try all over again.

So anyways, Melissa and I get to see my hero! Live and in person. Not on TV, not on the computer. In real life. WOW! I don't even know how to handle this. It is going to literally be like meeting a god. Someone too magnificent to be a mere mortal. Someone who created a world that saved me from my own dismal state of mind. Someone who sparked such passion in me that lasted long after the books were finished. This woman literally changed my life.

So, Thank you, so very much and from the deepest place in my heart. I don't know what I can do to repay what you have given me, but I will find a way. Somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment