Monday, October 1, 2012

Well, I guess it got me out of a ticket...

Last night was a bad night all around. There was craziness at the station, but that isn't anything new. Last night I found out one of my friends is pregnant with her second child. Two. She gets to have two within the time it has taken me to even have a shot at having one. Yeah, okay, I admit that I am throwing myself a little bit of a pity party, but I am entitled every now and again. I have been super good for the past couple of days!

So I find out this information right as I am about to go home. I bawl hysterically in my car and, I am speeding. I want to say for the record, that at times, I may have a lead foot, but I am a safe driver. So, I am the only car on the road at 1:30 in the morning on a Sunday night/ Monday morning, and there is a State trooper hiding out. He pulls me over, and in the peak of my patheticness, he asks me if I am okay and I unleash my entire burden on him. Through my sobs, and he pats me on the shoulder tells me things will be okay, and doesn't even bring up the fact that I was doing 80 in a 55. Awesome. Now, I feel guilty about doing that. I wasn't trying to get out of  a ticket. I swear I was just in a bad spot.

So I get out ticket-less and head home. I sit in my car and cry for a good half hour and Jason Mraz's song, I Won't Give Up, comes on increasing my tear flow from normal cry to bawling. This song reminds me to keep trucking on, and I drag myself out of the car and go to bed. I am feeling much better today, so that's a good thing. I am allowed to break down as long as I build myself back up.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes breaking down, is the only possible way to build yourself back up, and continue on.

    ReplyDelete