Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Storm Chasing!

There was a hurricane that passed through! Alan and I went out to stormchase and look at the ocean go crazy. It was pretty awesome to see what mother nature can produce.

Our power was only out for a minimal amount of time, and we didn't experience a lot of damage which was good. It was really nice snuggling up under the blankies and watching the flicker of the candlelight.

Even though it was nice to cuddle up and just have ourselves last night, I was very happy to wake up with electricity. We were very fortunate during this storm. The last storm we had lost power for five days. I am very grateful to the hard workers of National Grid who must have put in many many hours of hard work to get everyone up and running. I am so appreciative of these hard workers.

When Irene hit a while back, Alan and I had to go and take showers at his parents house. There were loose wires outside of their neighbor's house and there was a man stationed there. I brought him out some food, because he had been there for awhile. We started talking, shocking, I know! He told me all of these awful stories about how nasty people were to him when they saw his National Grid shirt or badge. It made me really sad that people would lash out at him for the outages. It wasn't his fault, and as far as I am concerned the power companies have done a wonderful job communicating to their customers and getting things set as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment