Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Mini Getaway

So Alan and I took a mini getaway. We went up to his family's chalet in North Conway and it was exactly what we needed! It was nice to be able to shut off all of our electronic devices and just be with each other. Not being worried with anything else. Just being ourselves and us.

We drove up on Wednesday afternoon; did a bit of food shopping, went back to the chalet and made dinner. We watched a couple of movies, brought the mattress out into the living room and slept there. In the process of moving the mattress I was attacked by a huge bug, which I later found out was a stink bug. Ok, so I wasn't really attacked, but Alan wouldn't come save me because I told him I could move everything by myself because it was my idea. After I got over that traumatizing event, we just slept out in the living room. Before I was about to fall asleep another stink bug showed up and I threw it across the room! It was terrifying. Thankfully, that was the last of our bug issues.

Thursday we got up, whenever we felt like it and decided to go searching for some waterfalls. We were going to go to four, but ended up only doing two. The first one was closed because they were doing maintenance on the parking lot. Which is a real bummer because it is the one I really wanted to get to, but there is always next time. The second one we couldn't figure out which trail to take to get there the fastest, and we decided that it would be better to have a whole day to do that one, so we will get to that one next time, as well. The third one was amazing! It was called Rocky Gorge. After we got to the main part of the trail, we decided to take the path away from the falls and see where it would bring us. It brought us to a magnificent lake. It was as smooth as glass and we could see all of the fish and turtles swimming about. The water was so flat that it mirrored the tress and the sky. It was right out of a painting. After we got back to the car, we headed down the road to another area called the lower falls. We climbed all over the rocks and just sat for a bit. Just being together. It was lovely.

We decided to go in to Conway Center and check out all of the outlet stores and see what they had to offer. We ended up getting a bunch of stuff, and I even got a new Coach purse out of the deal! It was a $330 bag that I got for $111! I am so excited! I also found out how to clean my old purse! Hooray! We shopped at Old Navy and got some great deals on some clothes! It was a nice day. Then we went back to the chalet and made dinner and watched another movie. Alan fell asleep in the recliner, and I made fun of him!

Friday was our last full day there. We lounged around a bit and had eccentric plans to go out to a nice dinner that night. We ended up hitting all of the old time stores, but didn't really find much. It was nice to fool around in the stores and just be goofy. We got lunch at Horsefeathers and it was very good. Alan got the chicken parm sandwich, and I got swordfish with black bean salsa. I wish I could have it again it was so delicious!

We headed back because it was a dreary day, and decided to just grab pizza for dinner and snuggle up on the couch. It was a perfect mini getaway. I am missing it already. Going up to the chalet was the first trip Alan and I took together, and every time we go up there it makes me remember that time in our relationship. It was a time when there was no stress just us. It felt so good to get away from reality, even if it was for just a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment