Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year. Good Riddance.

Last year was awful. I would do a month by month play of just how awful it was, but I don't want to get in to all that. Some beyond horrible things happened to some very amazing people that I know. Loved ones were lost, there were heinous acts against humanity, and tragedy seemed to envelop every month in the year. On top of the tragedy each month brought its own sorrow to me and Alan.  There was hope, and it was ripped away. As bad as 2012 was, there were also some good.

I was given an amazing Goddaughter. I found out who my real friends are, even if that involved some awful fall outs, but now I know who will be there. Alan and I celebrated our second anniversary, and we are stronger than we have ever been.

I have never been one to really make a fuss about New Years Eve, but I have always been one to promise myself all sorts of wonderful things for the new year. This year, I am not doing that. A new year brings new opportunities. Not necessarily a fresh start, but a a wiser start. I am taking what I have learned from this past year, and I am locking it away in my heart. This past year has changed me, just like this year will. Another year gone, another year wiser.

A new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment