Sunday, January 6, 2013

Crock Pot Adventures!

So, as a bit of a New Year's Resolution, I have decided to stop ordering take out so much when I am working. Because I am brilliant I realized, I can cook while I work instead of cooking before I go to work and packing food. Today is the second day I have cooked at work.

My first day, I cooked pulled chicken with barbecue sauce, a go to favorite of mine, and put it on potato rolls. It was pretty good, and I had left overs! Always a score! If the trains are late I have something to hold me if I get hungry! Hooray!

Today I am making Hawaiian chicken over white rice! So far, it smells pretty good! I am really excited to try it!Tomorrow when I wake up I am going to prepare a bunch of different meals throw them in to gallon sized storage bags and toss them in the freezer. That way, when I leave for work all I have to do is grab a frozen bag and hit the road.

Hopefully, I keep this up! There is really no reason that I don't keep it up. It couldn't be simpler. I am excited to come up with all sorts of new recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment