Sunday, December 23, 2012

Gingies

Last night we decorated gingerbread men. Dave and Melissa came over and there was much fun to be had by all! Well, at least I had fun. Alan was up all day making the dough and the icing, and he was covered in flour when I got home. It was adorable. The last train came in early, so I left early and was home at around 11:20.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I love my traditions. I also really appreciate Alan and my friends putting up with me and going along with them. When friends come over it takes my mind off of the fact that I should be sharing these traditions with my children. We exchanged presents, and we laughed and watched trashy reality TV, and we truly just enjoyed each other. It was wonderful.

When I look back at the life I have lived so far, and think of all of the crazy stories from my life, they do not hold a candle to these memories. When the final seconds of my life are upon me, these are the memories that will bring me to peace.

1 comment: