Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve

Granted, it is technically Christmas now, but you catch my drift.

I miss the magic of Christmas Eve. The anticipation of the unknown, the wide-eyed wonder of the floating lights, and the strong excitement that lures you in to a sleep so deep you can't be stirred even when 8 magical reindeer are left unattended on your roof.

I don't know if I am missing the magic because I had to work tonight, or maybe it is because I didn't get to watch A Christmas Story on repeat. Perhaps, it is the fact that I know I won't be getting egg nog tomorrow. Or maybe it is because I am losing my faith in magic. Whatever the case may be, I am vowing to make sure Christmas does not lose its magic next year.

Tomorrow is a new day and I will search for that Christmas magic. Maybe I will even find it in someplace unpredictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment