Thursday, November 15, 2012

You Just Don't Get it

You just don't get it, do you? You don't get the pain that I feel in my heart everyday. The emptiness is so huge I feel as though it is going to rip me open. And you stand there and tell me not to worry. Don't stress so much, you have time. That time is ticking away each movement of the arms of the clock reminds me that time is ticking away.

Those tick tocks are painful reminders of memories I should be making. Genuine smiles I could be sharing, but I am not. My painted on smile hides away my rage, my sadness, my grief but you just see it as a smile. It has to mean I am happy right? You couldn't be more wrong.Or is it that you just want to keep on playing pretend. To mute what is really going on.

I don't expect you to understand, but I also don't expect you to be so cliche. I am tired. Tired of dragging this burden. Tired of saying, you are probably right, when you aren't. I just don't have the energy to fight you when I am already fighting an inner battle. You don't get it, and I am glad that you don't, but please don't patronize me because you think you have all of this knowledge.

Day in and day out I deal with this, and you are supposed to help me through. You are absent in this war raging on within me and you don't even realize it. You hide away from the conversation and you hide away from the emotions. You are hiding away from me, from who I am.

2 comments:

  1. (((hugs))) I am sorry that people don't understand. It sucks! I hope they come around soon, so they can support you.

    ReplyDelete