Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Insanity

So, it is widely known that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Well, now I truly know why women are all deemed insane. Isn't that what we do consistently? I mean this whole process of trying to have a baby. Each month we do the same thing over and over and over expecting different results. Women to their very core are insane.

On the flip side of that, women also disprove that by repeating the same actions time in and time out, but then they do get different results. So women are an exception to the insanity rule.

Seems to me that the definition of insanity could be the same for hope. Hope is such a touchy thing. It can be good, but it can also bring such a burden with it. With this insanity, and hope comes a lot of stress. 

Alan and I have decided that it will be in our best interest to take a break from all treatments until after the holidays. Of course, we are still very hopeful that this cycle will work for us, but if it isn't we both think a mental break is something we need to reconnect as a couple instead of constantly trying to plan out timing of intimacies and losing the enjoyment and fulfillment of our relationship.

We figured after this cycle, our treatments are going to get more intrusive and instead of just diving in to this whole new world of belly shots (not to be confused with the ever so fun body shots), IUI's, and even further hormone messing we are going to take some time for ourselves to enjoy the holidays and our families.

I just need an emotional break from it all before I pump myself up with even more hormones. Alan does to. I will most likely be infertile after the holidays, and we aren't running away from our problems, we are just putting them on the back burner for a little bit. We are also planning on being very open and honest with our families when we get the questions about starting a family.

In my opinion, Alan and I have already started a family. We started it 6 years ago when we met on a boat on a cold winter's night, and yes, we would like to add to it, but you aren't given a timeline when you are born, and just because we aren't the standard, doesn't mean we are any less of a family.

3 comments:

  1. I love your last paragraph, it really reminds me that, although small, my family of two is perfect for now.

    ((hugs)) I hope this break is just what you need. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it is important to remember that families come in all different shapes and sizes. Not everyone fits in to the same box, if we did life would be pretty bland :-)

      Delete
    2. You're not kidding! :) We've definitely got to keep it interesting.

      Delete